LISTD RAD teaching cert.
Opened in May 1979 in Clayton Brook Community Centre, later expanding to St Aidan's Scout Hut in Bamber Bridge and Adlington Community Centre.
We moved into Chorley in 1984 to a small Studio on Clifford St.
We then moved over the road into Shepherd's Hall on Chapel St. where we stayed until October 2005.
While we were in Shepherd's Hall:
- Annette Bateman joined the school as Head Teacher, and has been with us for the last 23 years.
- Karen Akroyd tutors GCSE, AS & A-Level Dance.
- Wendy Salvage teaches drama
- Lily Blundell from The Little Voice Studio is our singing teacher, Lily also tutors GCSE DRAMA.
- We welcome back Heather Rodd, recently Graduated from the Royal Academy of Dance, Heather is a past pupil now assistant teacher.
From our early days we have moved on to offer a vast range of classes and opportunities.
In the summer of 2007, 2010 & 2014 we visited Disneyland Paris, the students performed in the theatre and also took part in the Parade down Main Street.We regulary perform at the Opera House in Blackpool and hold our bi-annual show at Preston Charter Theatre.
We aim to provide a happy and secure enviroment to encourage development in confidence as well as dance skills.
The school has seen many pupils leave to attend Dance Colleges throughout the UK.
Many are now working in theatre or teaching both locally and further afield.
We welcome all past pupils to keep in touch.
Let us know where you are and what you are doing.
WE ARE LIKE ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY.